Sunday, October 15, 2006

Smitten...






















My contribution to Illustration Friday
I love you not...

I love you not because I need your love,
I love you because I love being in love with you.
I love just dreaming of you, thinking of you,
And thinking of you is like a beautiful dream,
The memory of my best childhood holiday,
The sound of a song I shall never forget.

Your eyes are like a featherweight caress,
Your smile, a handful of confetti,
Your voice, the joyful echo of exotic surf.

My love is a runaway train unafraid of crashing,
It is a carefree gazelle strolling among lions,
A barefoot walk in the coldest snow.
Yet, it feels like a gulp of fresh air,
A flutter of butterfly wings inside my heart,
A wingless flight at dusk over the city.

I love you not because I need your love.
I love you because when I do

I truly touch Love.
Only then I know I am alive.

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Very retro cool. Reminds me of some movie about Panama for some reason. Lovely poem too!

15/10/06 8:10 AM  
Blogger valerie walsh said...

This is so lovely in more ways than one! Nice to see you back in the saddle so to speak! LOVE this!

15/10/06 3:10 PM  
Blogger neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

I just might steal this and send it to someone special :-) It is beautiful because it comes straight from the heart. I hope who you wrote it for appreciates it.

16/10/06 4:37 AM  
Blogger Cream said...

Thanks, TJ! Can you see my root canal? :o)

Val, I have started drawing again. Very therapeutic! Thanks.

Gigi, please feel free. I wrote it a while ago but for no one in particular. Maybe a dream partner...

16/10/06 4:55 AM  
Blogger Kay Aker said...

Lovely!

16/10/06 6:41 PM  
Blogger Trac said...

Yes... lovely!
x

17/10/06 3:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


My PlayList
Best Video Codes